My name is Matt Kingshott and I have been attending Kilpatrick Church for 3 ½ years now. I am married to my beautiful wife, Morgan. She is an incredible blessing to have in my life. We both attended Cornerstone University in Grand Rapids and had an instant connection through sports. Morgan played volleyball while going to school and I played basketball. Together we have a crazy and busy 18 month old girl named Aubrey who always keeps us alert! We currently live in Woodland and love the peace and quiet of a small town.
I am in my third year of being a 4th/5th grade teacher in the Hastings Area School System at Star Elementary school. I truly love my job and my kids! They make every day fly by and are a blessing to be a part of my life. I know that this is the job God has called me to do.
I am a firm believer that God has equipped us with many spiritual gifts. He wants us to go out and use those gifts to advance His kingdom. Since becoming a member of Kilpatrick Church I have been able to use the gifts that God has blessed me with. It started with teaching the 2nd and 3rd grade Sunday School class at Kilpatrick. I am fortunate that it has now grown into not only the teaching 2nd and 3rd graders but also to becoming the Children’s Ministry Director too. It has been an incredible process and I love what I get to do in the Church each week. The part that I see as the ultimate gift is all the volunteers who invest daily in the lives of their students. The teachers at Kilpatrick all care for each child and are building the basics to our children’s relationship with Christ.
- I am a huge fan of many sports but I enjoy college football and basketball the most. My favorite teams are the Detroit Lions, Detroit Tigers, and University of Michigan football and basketball.
- I love to wear my shorts no matter what time of the year it is. In the winter I will still choose to wear shorts even if it’s snowing.
- In high school my brother and I were both a solid 6’4” and the vehicle we drove to school each day was a Ford Escort.
- I was born and raised in Zeeland, MI where my parents still live.
- I have a brother, who is also a teacher, and a sister who is finishing school at Baker College. I am very close with both of my siblings.
- The first time I ever talked to my wife was when I invited her over to eat with the basketball team after a game down in Fort Wayne, Indiana. We had just lost the Conference Tournament Championship game by 29 points. At that point I had never had a conversation with her but I felt the need to invite her over. I now know it was God’s plan for us!
Childrens Ministry Coordinator – Matt Kingshott
Cell (616) 994-2967